Common "Weight Gain" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Weight Gain

An increase in body weight is called weight gain. This weight gain can be due to an increase in muscle mass, fat, or fluid retention. Weight gain in adults can be due to bad dietary habits, sedentary lifestyle, or a severe underlying condition.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published on this website are written by verified Native and Traditional Care Experts. The Content has been moderated by the iCliniq Content Review Team before publication. Post your health questions on iCliniq-Native Care by choosing the right Native Care Specialty and get them answered. Your queries will be answered 24/7 by top Native Care Experts from iCliniq-Native Care.

I am 22 years old, underweight. Kindly guide on supplements for gaining weight without any side effects.

Query: Hello doctor,My age is 22 and my weight is 104 Ibs. Which supplement is better for gaining weight without any side effects? Kindly assist me further.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello doctor, I read your query and understand your concern. The weight should be proportional to height. It has nothing to do with age. You can check it with the help of BMI (body mass index). The formula for BMI is weight in kg divided by height in meter square. Normal BMI should be between 19.5 t...  Read Full »

I am a 23-year-old male who wants to gain weight by consuming Ayurvedic powder. Could you advise on the side effects of powder?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male with a height of 5.4 feet and weighing 103 pounds. I want to gain weight. Can I take Nutrigain powder? Will it cause side effects? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Sony

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. Yes, you can consume Nutrigain (Pippali, Maricha, and Shunthi) powder. However, I suggest you consult with an Ayurvedic physician directly before consuming this product to ensure complete benefits from its us...  Read Full »

I am a 31-year-old male having erectile dysfunction and reduced penis size after gaining weight. Please suggest some ayurvedic medications.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 31-year-old male, 5 feet 5 inches tall and 165.34 pounds (75 kg). Does the size of the penis differ after gaining weight, or is it my illusion? I feel the size has decreased from before with or without an erection. And suddenly, I am having erectile dysfunction. I had stress befo...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. I just read your query. ED (erectile dysfunction) can be due to many reasons in the past like if you drank alcohol too much it might be affecting you now. According to your height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is...  Read Full »

What are the ways to gain weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to gain weight. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I just read your query. You did not mention your height and weight and any previous history, if any. The weight of a person should be proportional to its height. You can calculate it by BMI (body mass index). If your BMI is below 18.5 then you are underweight and you...  Read Full »

Can homeopathic medicine cure thyroid problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a thyroid issue, and my weight is increasing day by day. I am feeling tired all time. My thyroid level in my recent report is 6370 uIU/mL. I am taking Thyronorm 100 mg daily. But I miss taking them sometimes. I am worried about my weight as I have gained eight to ten kilograms ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamran Ashraf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thyroid disorder may cause several issues to our metabolism. One of the most common issues associated with thyroid disorder is weight gain. You should maintain a proper diet to overcome the thyroid problem. Do not eat junk food, as they have many chemicals that i...  Read Full »

What causes constant weight gain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 53 years old and have been gaining weight steadily even though I eat fairly small portions and am very healthy. I run 2 to 3 times a week and drink plenty of water. I do not have any health problems, however, I do not sleep very well. According to my doctor, my thyroid function is no...  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal Nanji Dama

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), they are completely perfect, no need to worry. Change your exercise at some days interval, as the body is habitat to the same exercise so you have to challenge your body strength by ch...  Read Full »

What should I do to put on weight?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 20 year old male. My weight is 110.23 Ibs my height is 5 feet and 8 inches. I am very slim. What should I do to put on weight?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I just read your query. Your ideal weight should be calculated according to your height. The normal BMI(body mass index) is between 19.5 to 24.9. According, to your height and weight your BMI is 18.58 which is below normal. You can take Nutrigain granules (Aswangand...  Read Full »

Please give some health tips to gain weight.

Query: Hello doctor, I want to increase my weight. Advise me for proper diet planning. Give healthy tips for a diet to increase my weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Sruthi. B. R.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthy diet to gain weight includes, 1. Whole fat milk. 2. Fruits like papaya, apple etc,. 3. Whole wheat products. 4. Dry fruits and nuts. Include the above regularly in your diet. Additionally, ayurvedic medicine called Kushmanda rasayana which is a pumpkin prepara...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

Choose a Specialty
* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.