iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersAyurveda SpecialistpcodI am a 33-year-old female with PCOD and am trying to conceive. Can I take Kalarchikai with pepper?

What are the traditional medicines available to cure PCOD?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 28, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 11, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 33 years old, and I have PCOD. My follicular study is normal, and am trying to conceive for the last two years. I want to try Kalarchikai with pepper. Will the consumption of Kalarchikai cause heavy bleeding? Also, I am on my period. When should I start this medicine? And what is the dose of this medicine? Kindly suggest.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern. PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) is the reason for infertility. It is possible to increase the chances of pregnancy by treating PCOD.

I suggest the following medications to treat PCOD:

1. Tablet Kanchnar guggulu (bauhinia variegate bark, ginger, pepper, haritaki, bibhitaki, amla, and guggulu resin) two tablets twice a day.

2. M2-tone syrup (ashoka, lodhra, ashwagandha, cedrus, deodara, mesua ferrea, and shatavari) one teaspoon twice after the meal.

3. Tablet Vridhivadhika vati (sunthi, mirach, and lauh bhasma) two tablets twice a day.

4. Hempushpa syrup (lodhra, manjith, anatamul, bala, gokhru, brahmi, shankpusphpi, musali, asgandha, bach, dhai, gambhari, and nagarmotha) two teaspoons twice a day.

I also suggest you take a hormonal test and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) test.

I hope this helps you.

Thank you.

The Probable causes


Investigations to be done

Hormonal test and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) test.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Akanksha Srivastava
Dr. Akanksha Srivastava

Ayurveda Specialist

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online

Ayurveda Specialist

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy