HomeAnswersHomeopathypcodI have PCOD, thyroid issues, and weight gain, along with difficulty in conceiving. Please suggest medications.

How can an overweight woman with PCOD and thyroid issues conceive safely?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 23, 2023
Reviewed AtJune 23, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am a 35-year-old woman. I have been married for ten years, and I have no kids. I had a miscarriage before eight years. I did not take any treatment for having a baby. For the last seven years, I have been suffering from thyroid problems. Currently, I am taking Thyronorm 100 mcg. My periods have been regular for the last four years, and in a very rare case, I have irregular periods for a month. I skip 35 or 37 days only. The major issue is my weight gain, I have gained 15 kg in the last seven years rapidly, and whatever steps I took for weight loss, I get tired of continuing them. Before three years, I had PCOD, and after ten months, it is negative now. I am confused whether to take medicine for PCOD are not. What medicine will be effective for thyroid and weight loss? A friend of mine advised kazharchi choornam for PCOD. Will it solve my problems? Will it help to conceive also? Do I have to take any scan for PCOD, and if so, when? Please advise me.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I went through your query thoroughly and understood it.

Your inquiry about kazharchi choornam, a herbal medicine. For this medicine, an ayurveda doctor can explain you in the best way. As far as you are overweight and want to conceive, I would suggest you check blood tests for thyroid problems. Then if you want homeopathic medicine, I can suggest you accordingly. I suggest you undergo blood tests for checking T3, T4, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), free T3, FBS (Fasting blood sugar), PPBS (post-prandial blood sugar), and HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) levels.

Follow up with advised blood reports.

I will like to answer your further query if you have any.

Take care.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Prashant Dharmraj Shah
Dr. Prashant Dharmraj Shah


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy