Are swollen breast and less facial hair signs of infertility?

Q. I have enlarged breast and less facial hair. Will it lead to infertility?

Answered by
Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 10, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2023

Hello doctor,

I am a 25 year old male. My weight is 143.30 Ibs and height is 5'5". I am having enlarged breasts and very less facial hair. Will this lead to infertility? I am not taking any medicine. I have consulted an endocrinologist regarding this. He examined my chest and suggested me to get a hormone analysis and ultrasound of my breasts. My hormone levels found in the analysis are as follows. My serum beta-hCG is <0.100 mIU/mL, total testosterone level is 414 ng/dL, TSH level is 0.00402 mIU/mL, free T4 is 0.00121 µg/dL, LH is 9.23 mIU/mL, prolactin level is 19.79 ng/mL, and estradiol (E2) is 32.43 pg/mL.

I would like to know, are these hormone levels normal for an adult male? As suggested, I got my ultrasonogram done for my breasts and the reports are as follows. Nipple and subareolar tissue are normal. There is no retraction or skin thickening, no abnormal calcification and no axillary lymph nodes seen. The pectoralis and retromammary space appears normal. No focal or diffused lesions observed. Looking into my results, doctor told me that there are no abnormalities seen in both the breasts. In addition to all this, doctor asked me to try few exercise and check if there is any reduction in the size of the breast. In spite of trying everything, if the breast size did not reduce the he told me to get them removed. Now my question is that, will enlarged breast affect my marriage life? Beard hair growth is fine, but the mustache hair is very less. Is there any medicine that can cure my problem? Please help.



Welcome to

I can understand your concern and what you are going through from your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is nothing to worry since it is not a major problem. Your condition is false gynecomastia. There is excess fat in your breast area and no extra breast tissue formation. Do not get depressed by thinking about it. Relax, stay calm, and move according to my advice which is as follows.

  1. Keep a check on your blood sugar and thyroid levels.
  2. Join a gym to get the fat reduced in the chest area.
  3. Take tablet Nat Phos 30 2x (Natrum phosphate) twice daily after food and Arnica (Arnica Montana) 30, one dose every month.

Thank you doctor,

I would like to know, why I have less facial hair? Is there any hormonal imbalance?



Welcome back to

I went through your hormone results. It is showing low testosterone levels and also a slight increase in the LH (luteinizing hormone). Symptoms of hormonal imbalance indicate primary hypogonadism (low sex hormones). It can be developmental, metabolic or even genetic. There is no specific cause for this condition.

In homeopathy, only the symptoms can be treated, and not the disease. Start the prescribed medicine earlier, stop alcohol intake and follow the advice. Generally, the testosterone will be high in the morning and low in the evening. So, get your laboratory test accordingly. You can even consult a doctor for physical evaluation.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Drug-Induced Gynecomastia - Diagnosis and Treatment

This decrease the levels of LH (luteinizing hormone) and FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), which decreases testosterone levels ... Screening for Gynecomastia: Since hyperprolactinemia does not directly cause gynecomastia,   Read full

I had a gynecomastia surgery last week. Why is fluid getting accumulated in my right breast?

.. had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you c   Read full

Which procedure should I undergo to increase sperm count?

Hi doctor, My sperm count is low ... The first doctor advised me to go for ART (artificial reproductive technology) second one prescribed medicine to boost my sperm   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

Cure Ulcers Through Naturopathy
This article is based on direct experience treating patients and will give you an idea of how to naturally cure and prevent gastric ulcers.  Read more»
Homeopathic Mother Tincture to Improve Mental Stability and Memory
Homeopathic mother tinctures effectively treat memory and concentration problems, mainly in children. Read the article to know more.  Read more»
Yoga Poses to Manage Diabetes
Diabetes is considered a never-ending disease. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.