I am 23 years old. My problem is whenever I press my lower abdomen especially right lower part I feel some watery sound. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my lower abdomen. Also, my weight is decreasing at an alarming rate. Last year it was 149.91 Ibs and now it is only 114.64 Ibs. I had all the checkup like endoscopy, stool check, colonoscopy and all the blood test related to swelling in my intestines. Everything was normal. One doctor said it as IBS and the other said it is only swelling. But, over a year I am facing this problem. When I get nervous, my stomach gets upset and I have an urge to go for the washroom. Please help with my problem.
Considering your symptoms, I will also go with the diagnosis of IBS. But, my line of treatment will be based on ayurveda diagnosis. In your case, it is Vata Koshta - your digestive system afflicted by vata (increase in the gas in the intestines). Treatment for IBS will be a three-pronged approach. Follow all three religiously for best results.
The Probable causes:
1. Outside food causing infection in intestines.
2. Anxiety and nervousness.
I can see that you have started some medications already. Better you go for the following medicines.
1. Bilwadi Lehyam - A semisolid preparation. Take 5 g of this 10 minutes before food twice daily.
2. Lavana-Bhaskar Churnam - A powder. Take 2 teaspoon and mix it with a glass of warm water or preferably with a glass of buttermilk and have it 10 minutes after dinner. This powder will be salty to taste.
3. Jeerakadyarishtam - A liquid preparation. 3 teaspoon of this liquid diluted with 10 teaspoon of water and take after food twice daily. You can take this after breakfast and lunch.
4. Dhanwantaram Gulika - A tablet. This medicine need not be taken regularly. You complained of nervousness causing stomach upset. In case you develop such a feeling, then pop two tablets. This will manage the problem. Before food or after food does not matter.
Take these medications for 45 days and revert back. Then I will add medication for weight gain.
30 minutes of regular exercise is mandatory. You can pick whichever you like such as walking, yoga, playing, cycling and gym. Apart from this do 10 rounds of deep breathing exercises twice daily.
1. Have curry leaves, fresh fruits especially citrus fruits and pomegranates are very good for you.
2. Have nutritious food and fibrous veggies like beans, carrots and all gourds are recommended.
3. Soak about 8 to 10 dry grapes or raisins overnight in water and have it the next day.
4. Try having at least 1 bowl each of fruits and vegetables daily.
1. Avoid overtly spicy food, deep fried food and stale food.
2. Stay calm. This condition is easily curable.
Was this answer helpful?
1 out of 1 likes
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) with psychological symptoms. Antidepressants like Amitriptyline can be taken to treat this condition. Read full
.. is an inflammatory bowel disease and a very notorious disease. Its progress depends on your diet pattern and life style.
You are taking good medicines but, I would suggest some changes. You should stop the allopathic medicine gradually. Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.