I have been facing mild constipation for one month. And also, I had laser surgery done for my piles a year back. I had visited my surgeon, and he examined my anal passage had given the below medications. He also mentioned that there are minor piles that are reoccurring. The medication given is as follows:
1) Smuth Cream (1-0-1) for one month.
2) SafeLax Powder (1-0-1) for Seven days.
3) LactiFiber Granules - after seven days for a few months.
Currently, I am only taking LactiFiber. With LactiFiber, my constipation has reduced 90%. I would like to know if LactiFiber is a good stool softener and can be continued for 3 to 4 months without any side effects? I found a product (details of that product are attached). Please review this product and let me know if this is a good product for curing piles?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I just read your query and saw the attached file (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Let me answer your questions first.
1) Yes, you can take Lactifiber Granules (Lactitol and Ispaghula) continuously for two to three months.
2) I also reviewed the product (stool softening powder), which is mentioned by you. It is a good product for constipation. I suggest you have this to ease your constipation for a few days. But you can not take it continuously for a longer duration, like three to four months. Otherwise, your bowel may become habitual to it.
3) Rather than depending on medicines, I suggest you change some lifestyle habits to improve your condition because piles can reoccur again and again due to constipation. Because constipation puts pressure on your anal area and regular and long-term problems of constipation can make the problem of piles worsen. Therefore adopt all the lifestyle habits which are helpful in reducing the problem of piles.
4) Add food items that have more fiber. Eat fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables.
5) Drink plenty of water. After waking up in the morning, drink one to two glasses of lukewarm water daily.
6) Drink dairy milk (cow's or buffalo's milk) one hour before sleeping. Add some sugar to it also if you are not diabetic.
7) Also, add some raisins to it while boiling it. Drink this milk and chew these raisins. These are also helpful in reducing the problem of constipation.
8) You can also add half a teaspoon of desi ghee (clarified butter) in the hot milk, sometimes along with raisins. Avoid desi ghee if you are overweight, diabetic, or have a problem with high blood pressure.
9) Avoid fast food, noodles, cold drinks, and excessive caffeinated drinks.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for all your advice.
I will strictly follow them. With LactiFiber, my stools are softer and smoother. But sometimes, I get constipation. For example, today morning, I had a stool that was soft and easy to pass, and bowel movement was comfortable. But in the evening, I had constipation as I had a small piece of hard stool, and I found it difficult to pass. Is this a problem? I do not get pain when passing this hard piece of stool. I just wanted to know why are my stools varying? I underwent colonoscopy during my lasers surgery, and my intestine was normal structurally.
I would like to know if I can take any prebiotic and probiotics? If yes, please suggest a good prebiotic and probiotics?
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
Yes, sometimes bowel movements can vary due to various reasons. Like the amount of water you take, due to some food change, lack of activities as you are sitting for a long time, stress, etc. So it is normal. There is no need to worry. Because stress can also exaggerate the problem sometimes, I will not recommend taking extra prebiotics and probiotics for you. Because although they promote friendly gut flora. But they are more useful in diarrhea and promote constipation. So I advise you not to take any prebiotics and probiotics. I suggest you stick to a healthy lifestyle by bringing food items rich in fiber and doing exercise regularly. Drinking lots of water also helps to maintain good bowel health.
I hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
I avoid eating spicy foods ... Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus ... Read fullPreventing Constipation Naturally
Chew the food properly, and avoid drinking water while eating ... A few people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) find that carbonated drinks may worsen their symptoms, so they should avoid sparkling water and other carbonated beverages ... What Is ... Read fullI had Ex-lax for constipation and bloating, but I was not benefitted. Why?
.. of things, use of stool softener or laxative is not recommended unless you have constipation for three days and you are passing gas. You are most likely to have diarrhea if you use it earlier also you may have post diarrhea ileus (the gut can go ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now