What ayurvedic medicine can be given to my little one to increase her alertness?

Q. What ayurvedic medicine can be given to my little one to increase her alertness?

Answered by
Dr. Raman Kaushik
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2023

Hello doctor,

This is with regards to my daughter who is 2 years and eight months old. I have noticed that she is slow in activities. She is very laid back and relaxed. I have a feeling that she has an imbalance of vata, pitta, and kapha. I mean if she can be either low on pitta or vata as per my understanding. One ayurvedic doctor did give her a medication for one month. She took it in the last year for one month. She is otherwise healthy and normal. Could you suggest a safe medication without side effects for this age group to increase her alertness and for balancing of the doshas? Kindly suggest any foodstuffs too.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I need to know the following details about your daughter.

  1. Her birth history.
  2. Her current body weight.
  3. Her developmental milestones.
  4. Her interaction with peers.

Please provide me these details.

Thank you doctor,

My daughter had a normal birth. She was maybe two weeks premature. Currently, her body weight is 24.25 Ibs. All milestones like walking and running were normal. She also has a good vocabulary. She does not interact with strangers much. She does not interact with newly introduced peers. But, she is comfortable in her known surroundings. She is a thumbsucker.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I would like to say that every individual has a different constitution on the basis of vata, pitta, and kapha. Usually, the kapha is predominant in childhood. I can suggest the following for your daughter.

  1. Avoid curd in food and replace it with buttermilk.
  2. Avoid cheesy and creamy food items like cheese, pastries, cakes, etc.
  3. Always encourage her to green vegetables and simply digestible foods like porridge, etc.
  4. Do a whole-body massage of your daughter with lukewarm sesame oil at least two times a week.
  5. Avoid canned and preserved food items.
  6. I suggest she take HiOwna (Kshira, Kalaya, Kharjura, Kasani) by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare. This is an ayurvedic baby supplement for the good general health of your child. Five grams should be taken mixed in warm milk at bedtime or at breakfast. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her, and take the medicines with their consent.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What ayurvedic medicine can be given to my little one to increase her alertness?

.. to know the following details about your daughter. Her birth history. Her current body weight. Her developmental milestones. Her interaction with peers. Please provide me these details. Revert with more information to an ayurveda specialist online --   Read full

How to reduce my hair fall and improve my hair growth?

I have hair fall, hair loss, and tangled hair ... I use coconut oil for my hair   Read full

What Is ADHD and How Is It Managed?

.. whether it is a real condition, features of ADHD, how to recognize and manage this common condition, and why ADHD should be treated .. ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

Cure Ulcers Through Naturopathy
This article is based on direct experience treating patients and will give you an idea of how to naturally cure and prevent gastric ulcers.  Read more»
Homeopathic Mother Tincture to Improve Mental Stability and Memory
Homeopathic mother tinctures effectively treat memory and concentration problems, mainly in children. Read the article to know more.  Read more»
Yoga Poses to Manage Diabetes
Diabetes is considered a never-ending disease. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.