Glucose is the main source of energy for your body. It not only helps make up our body cells, muscles and tissues but also acts as fuel for our brain. The glucose or sugar levels have to be maintained fairly constant in the body. The excess of sugar in the body leads to various health problems.
Causes of Diabetes
The cause of diabetes varies from person to person. It is considered a genetic disorder and runs in families. However, anybody can suffer from it, even if it does not run in your family. Some risk factors include sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, extremely stressful life, lack of sleep, etc. These factors increase the likelihood of getting diabetes.
Types of Diabetes
There are two types of diabetes - type 1 and type 2. There is also a stage called prediabetes which is reversible diabetes. It is mainly caused during pregnancy where sugar levels are higher than normal but not so high as to classify as diabetes. In such people, usually, the sugar level comes back to normal once the baby is delivered.
Type 1 diabetes - Usually, it appears in childhood or teenage life. However, it can occur at any age.
Type 2 diabetes - Most of the time, it appears at an older age, that is, after 40 years. However, this type can also be seen at any age of life.
Symptoms of Diabetes
The symptoms experienced by each individual depend on how much the sugar is increased in your body. The most common symptoms are:
- Frequent urination.
- Increased thirst.
- Increased perspiration.
- High appetite or increased hunger.
- Weight loss without any diet or without any reason.
- Wounds take a longer time to heal than usual.
- Prone to frequent infections.
- Presence of ketones in the urine.
Conventional Medicine Vs Homeopathy
Millions of people have been suffering from diabetes and its related complications. And millions of people have been taking conventional medicines for this problem. We all know there is no cure for diabetes and hence patients have to keep on taking the medicines every day, either in the form of tablets or Insulin. The practitioners of conventional prescribe Insulin in the treatment of diabetes. This is more like a replacement therapy where diabetes becomes a lifelong disease and patients have to take Insulin every day. This is so troublesome as well as expensive.
In such cases, homeopathy can be very effective in treating diabetes. Homeopathic medicines mainly act on the pancreas, allowing it to produce adequate amounts of insulin. There are so many best homeopathic remedies given for diabetes.
Here is the list of best and specific homeopathic medicines for the treatment of diabetes. But remember, below mentioned remedies are very specific remedies. These remedies work well when given with classical remedies which are usually prescribed after considering the complete history of the patient (including mental and emotional).
- Syzygium Jambolanum mother tincture - This remedy shows an immediate effect on the increased sugar levels. This is the most common remedy indicated for high sugar levels. Usually, the symptoms associated with this remedy is prickly heat in the upper part of the body causing intense itch and small red pimple like eruptions, constant urge to urinate, with high thirst and general emaciation. This remedy is also indicated in diabetics who have developed diabetic skin ulcers. This remedy can be taken in the form of tincture - 15 drops in half cup of water twice a day.
- Helonias - Indicated in diabetic patients who suffer from frequent urination. The color of the urine is very whitish and clear due to passing albumin in the urine. Mentally, these patients have very weak memory, are extremely melancholic and depressed people. They are very irritable people who cannot bear the slightest contradiction. They are always better when they are kept busy doing something or when the mind is engaged in work. This remedy works well when taken in 30c form.
- Iodum - This remedy is indicated in diabetic people who have extreme hunger and appetite however still they emaciates. Mentally, such patients have a tendency towards anxiety, where they are so anxious that they cannot keep still. So, they keep moving or walking but become extremely exhausted by walking and also sweat extremely from the slightest exertion. This remedy can be taken in lower potency like 6, 12 or 30c.
- Cephalandra Indica - This remedy has been proved scientifically very effective in lowering and maintaining the blood sugar level and healing diabetes-related symptoms. It is indicated in diabetic people who have been suffering from intolerable burning pain all over the body with profuse urination. It is a very effective remedy for skin complaints associated with diabetes like abscess and carbuncles. It is also effective in dealing with frequent urination and thirst in diabetes, where patients feel weak and exhausted after passing urine. This remedy is proven effective in treating diabetes-related complications like burning in limbs, muscular tenderness, etc. It can be taken in the form of mother tincture, 15 drops twice a day in half a cup of water for one to two consecutive months. This can be taken along with allopathic medicines. However, it is advised to keep a check on your blood sugar levels and reduce the dosage of allopathic medicines as required.
- Uranium nitricum - This remedy works well when a patient suffers from diabetes and gastric problems together. This is an excellent remedy for increased urination, increased appetite, excessive thirst with nausea, vomiting, burning in the stomach due to gastric ulcers. This leads to great emaciation, debility and a tendency to ascites. This remedy can be taken in 3x or 6x form.
Kindly note that it is advisable to consult your physician whenever you take homeopathic remedies along with allopathic medicines as you are likely to see some fluctuation in the sugar levels. Do not stop the allopathic remedies or Insulin injections without consulting your physician.
Frequently Asked Questions