Strawberry legs are seen as a result of the clogging of hair follicles or skin pores with dead skin, dirt, bacteria, or oil. It does not cause itching or pain. Strawberry legs can be prevented by using moisturizers or shaving creams when shaving the legs. Strawberry legs are usually more visible on lighter skin and are seen as brown or black spots after shaving, pitted skin on the legs, and open pores that resemble blackheads.
Strawberry legs are noticed in most individuals after waxing or shaving when the clogged pores are exposed. However, sometimes it might occur as a result of an underlying skin infection that can cause pain, itching, or swelling.
What Are the Natural Ways to Manage Strawberry Legs?
Some of the natural ways to manage strawberry legs are discussed below:
1. Exfoliation: Exfoliation involves the elimination of dead cells from the outermost layer of the skin. It helps to remove bacteria and ingrown hair. Exfoliating the skin with natural products is an effective method to get rid of strawberry legs.
Exfoliation can be achieved by using brown sugar, clove oil, and almond oil. These natural ingredients are mixed together in the form of a paste and applied by rubbing it in a circular motion to exfoliate the skin, followed by rinsing with water. This procedure should be repeated once or twice a week and should be continued until the desired effects are achieved.
2. Moisturizers: The skin should be moisturized after taking a shower every day. They help to prevent irritation and dryness. The following plant-based moisturizers helps nourish the skin and keep it hydrated:
Mango seed butter.
3. Jojoba Oil or Tea Tree: They are known for their antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Jojoba oil and tea trees help remove dry and dead skin. These oils also promote wound healing, prevent clogged pores and help reduce itching. These oils are mixed and applied to the legs for five to ten minutes, then washed off with water. This should be performed before bedtime every night.
4. Baking Soda: It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It acts as an exfoliating agent. It makes the skin bright and smooth and helps prevent dryness. It is applied on the legs for four to five minutes after mixing with water. Once it is dried it has to be rinsed with cold water. Honey can also be added to this mixture because it acts like a humectant and helps to keep the skin moist. The mixture should be applied every day to achieve the desired results.
5. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is extremely beneficial for the skin and has great healing properties. It acts as a moisturizer. Fresh aloe vera gel must be applied to the skin, massaged for two to three minutes, and then washed off after ten minutes with cold water. This should be performed daily to keep the skin hydrated.
6. Lemon Juice and Egg White: Egg white helps to brighten and tighten the skin. Egg white is a strong astringent that reduces and cleans the pores. It is composed of proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Egg whites and lemon juice are mixed together and applied to the legs for five to ten minutes, then rinsed off with water.
7. Sea Salt: Sea salt is composed of a number of minerals like sodium, calcium, magnesium, and potassium that help to keep the skin healthy and maintain the pH balance. The skin becomes dry and itchy if the mineral balance of the body is disturbed. A sea salt scrub is applied to the body to remove the dead cells and maintain the mineral balance in the body. The sea salt is applied by mixing it with coconut oil to form a paste. The mixture is used as a scrub and applied gently to the skin for around two minutes, then washed off with water. It can be used once or twice a week to achieve the desired effects.
8. Coffee: Ground coffee acts as an exfoliating agent. It is used after being mixed with coconut or olive oil. It helps remove dead cells. Ground coffee is mixed with palm and coconut oil, applied in the form of a scrub in a circular motion, and then washed off with water. This scrub is used for exfoliating the legs once or twice a week.
9. Cucumber and Rose Water: Cucumber has anti-inflammatory properties. It is a good source of Vitamin C, prevents skin irritation, and has a calming effect. Further, rose water also helps to open clogged pores and calm the skin. For application, the juice of cucumber is mixed with a few drops of rose water. The mixture is applied to the legs for 10 to 15 minutes to dry and then rinsed off with water. This should be repeated daily to achieve the desired results.
What Are the Other Methods to Achieve Soft Legs Naturally?
Safer hair removal methods, like waxing or epilating should be used. These methods are helpful in removing the hair from the root and preventing the development of ingrown hair.
Sunscreen can be used to prevent harmful ultraviolet rays from damaging the skin. It should be applied for 15 to 20 minutes before stepping out in the sun.
Eating healthy food also helps the body to get proper nourishment.
Body massages should be taken frequently to enhance blood circulation.
It is advised to drink a good amount of water every day.
Scrubbing the body to exfoliate dead cells must be done at least once or twice a week.
The skin must be moisturized immediately after a shower or at night before going to bed. The moisturizer should be of good quality.
In most individuals, strawberry legs can be managed with home remedies like moisturizing and exfoliation. If strawberry legs are accompanied by other symptoms like pain and itching, a healthcare professional must be consulted immediately. The dark spots can be treated and prevented with proper care and attention.